Wow, long time no post. I literally have no. spare. time nowadays. You would think I could at least type up an update while I’m nursing the baby but even if I have a free hand to peck out an update on my phone, kiddos and husband are literally always talking to me all day. ๐Ÿ˜… This is exactly the life I wanted to have and I truly love it but I must say, I’m definitely even busier than I imagined I’d ever be! Destin is 14 weeks and I’ve written the birth story and like 2 updates. I write updates in my mental blog nearly every day but they never make it on to this space, which is a shame because they’re always so much wittier and more interesting in my mind than when I get around to writing them.

Some highlights:

  • DH is a few days shy of 1 year post op from the testicular cancer and is doing great. He is due for his quarterly bloodwork again and has to have a ct scan in July to recheck a lymph node that was seen on his ct scan in Jan but the dr is quite confident that it’s not cancerous. He looks and feels as good as ever. I’m so thankful! ๐Ÿ’™


  • Destin had his 3 month checkup a few weeks ago and was up to over 13lbs. Already Destin has gained more weight and today he was 14lbs 12oz on my bathroom scale.
  • He’s filling out 3 month clothes and outgrown a lot of his 0-3 months. He’s in size 2 diapers.
  • I had noticed Destin has uneven pupils, so I brought that up with his dr. She said she doesn’t see that often and wanted a pediatric opthalmologist to check it out. So that appointment was last week and the opthalmologist felt that it may be Horner’s syndrome. But, a follow up eye test this week was actually negative, so for now we can safely assume it’s just the way Destin is made. It’s not a huge difference and is more visible in dim lighting. He has gorgeous eyes! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Destin still falls asleep wherever he is at 10pm every night. He’s got a little timer in him apparently and it gets close to 10pm and he is out. I wake him up at 11pm and change his diaper, nurse him and put him in his sleep sack. He usually wakes up at 8-9am. On a rare occasion I will wake him early to nurse him or he will wake maybe around 6:30am to nurse but this happened only a couple times in the last month. I cannot possibly tell you how thankful I am for a baby that sleeps well. After Quayd, I was pretty worried. ๐Ÿ˜…
  • Naps are pretty sporadic and cat nappy but usually we have 1 good nap in the afternoon sometime. That nap is usually on my bed while DH keeps an eye on him while he works.
  • Social smiling, cooing and laughing are all well underway. Destin loves to smile and coo at us. He watches everyone very intently and sometimes he will sit in his seat for a long time just watching everyone. He gets so excited when his brothers come interact with him. He saw a little boy the other day in public and I could tell he wanted the child to come interact with him because he wouldn’t take his eyes off the kid. It was so cute. โค๏ธ
  • I hold Destin almost all day, every day although he’s finally sitting in his seat a bit more. That is to say, I can finally set him in there and not worry as much, although I have to watch him like a hawk because of all the kids messing with him.
  • His muscle tone is way better. He holds his head up straight and his legs are strong. His core seems a little weak to me but I do lots of little exercises with him and I’m impressed with the improvement.
  • I’d say he nurses about 8 times a day now. I also pump once in the morning and right before bed. Sometimes I’ll pump one side a time or two during the day if I’m too full. I’m currently getting 30-35oz a day and my sil is bottle feeding her baby with it. He didn’t tolerate any of the formula she tried except goat milk and unfortunately her milk was nearly gone when he was only a few weeks old, so thankfully this is working well for him and not taking away any time from my day since I was already pumping on the same schedule before. I don’t know how long I’ll be able to keep up but I’m happy that it’s not going to waste and that he’s not spitting up constantly now.


  • I brought up to the pediatrician the fact that Quayd is 21 months old and isn’t talking yet. She said usually she doesn’t worry until 2.5 years, at least for boys. I’ve taken away Quayd’s binky during the day a lot to see if that helps. He does say a few words, although not very often. The past few days he’s been saying “baby” a lot. Yesterday he said “dada” and for sure meant it in reference to DH. He says “mama” occasionally but only when prompted. He has been saying “Truett” pretty regularly. I think we’ve heard him say “more” a few times as well as “no”, “stop (dop)” and “get out (gout)”. So I feel pretty confident that more words are on the way. He follows directions well, even multiple step directions. He can definitely hear us well.
  • Quayd is in size 2t clothes and size 4 diapers. He had his first haircut on May 14th. ๐Ÿ˜ญ It was hard for me but it was getting in his eyes and bothering him.
  • There is almost no food this boy doesn’t love and want to eat. Right now. He climbs in his highchair all day whenever I walk through the kitchen. I feel like he is always eating, at all times. But he’s right on track for his age with growth, he just burns all his energy running and climbing. I’ve never had a kid that runs and climbs so much and its a real adjustment for me. I can’t take my eyes off him for a single second outside or he disappears. He’s constantly getting away from me and it’s so hard keeping track of him. I installed baby gates on my porch so that if he somehow escapes the house, the gates are there to stop him. It’s amazing too because I sit on the porch with him a lot and let him play and the gates help me keep him confined to that area. It’s been great this spring. I fold laundry and nurse the baby and everything out on the porch. ๐Ÿ˜†
  • Quayd is such a sweet little boy. He runs to me smiling to hug me at bedtime every night when I hug all the kids goodnight. He doesn’t sit in my lap all day and snuggle like he did before the baby was born though. He only lets me snuggle him a little now. It’s like he decided he didn’t want to be a baby anymore. ๐Ÿ˜ญ But he still “talks” to me a lot with much pointing and babbling. We understand eachother. ๐Ÿ’™ He’s generally a happy kid and is starting to outgrow a lot of the screaming and tantrums that were very frequent for awhile. I think probably because he understands what is going on when we explain things to him.
  • He goes to bed at 9-9:30pm and gets up at 9:30-10:30am most mornings. He usually goes to bed happy but after we shut the door, every single night without fail, he cries for about 15 seconds. Then he goes to sleep. I don’t know why the little cry thing is mandatory but that’s just Quayd for ya. ๐Ÿ˜‚ He naps once a day around 1pm for usually 2ish hours.


  • The addition to our house is underway!! 864sq feet more and I’m so thrilled! DH and his dad and my brothers P and A worked hard on it last weekend and made great progress. I am so so happy to finally have this in the works after 2 years of dreaming about it.
  • My goats are both pregnant! Blood test was positive at the end of April, so Susie is due July 21st and Lucy is due sometime after that. I’m excited!! I must say though, I’d never recommend goats for a pet. They’re too easy to mess up with the slightest little thing. I feel like I’m constantly in fear for their lives and over-analyzing their every movement. Shew! I have a whole post I could write about Susie losing almost ALL of her hair last month, in 3 days time. She’s good as new now but she was a sad, cold, naked goat for a time. As near as we can figure, she ate too much alfalfa and the calcium in it depleted her zinc and made her hair fall out. Zinc supplements seemed to help and her hair grew back. It’s literally always something like that though.
  • Mama hen hatched 9 eggs. 4 chicks remain. Sadly nature is cruel and for reasons I don’t know, she took care of all 9 for over a week but then let 4 get too cold one night. And also a predator got 1. But the remaining 4 are getting pretty big now, so hopefully they’ll be alright.
  • But to end on a good note (at least I hope it’s good!) DH is leaving his job after almost 9 whole years and is starting a new job next week. This job basically fell in his lap and he just felt like it was meant to be. It’s a similar position and full time from home. He’s happy about that because he really didn’t want to start doing the 2+ hour round trip drive again to the office. The downside is that it is second shift but that may be fine and dandy, we’ll see.
  • I’d love to post an update on the other kids also and typed one up a few months back that just needs posted. ๐Ÿ™‚

What I really mean when I say I’m having coffee with some mom friends. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Dear God, thank You for all these blessings. Healthy babies and answered prayers. Please continue to watch over us and bless this whole year. In Jesus’ name, amen.