And just like that, in a sleep deprived haze, Quayd is already one week old. So, he was born on a Saturday and we came home Sunday. My sister L was here until Thurs morning. On Tues DH and I took Quayd for his pediatric appointment. He’d only lost 1 ounce since discharge from the hospital, so he was 7lbs 15oz, and my milk had started coming in right before we had left the hospital. It was in full force with engorgement by 48 hours after delivery, so the pediatrician said we don’t need to come back for a month. 🙂 Surprisingly, his cord stump fell off at only 3 days old. It seems to be fine though and I think he’s got an innie belly button. 😁

DH and I had been taking turns throughout the night holding Quayd since he just wouldn’t sleep. Then he got to the point where he wouldn’t sleep unless I, in particular, was holding him and even then he really wanted to use the boob as a pacifier. Thank God, we finally got some sleep Thurs and Fri. I’m so hoping we continue getting sleep. I feel completely jet lagged and exhausted currently but I see light at the end of the tunnel if we can continue getting a couple hours at a time.

The boys have adjusted amazingly and they are so in love with their new brother. Zane isn’t even jealous, which is huge shock! Levi is a tad jealous but handling it well overall.

Quayd is a very sleepy baby during the day but we are beginning to see glimpses of his eyes for a few minutes here and there throughout the day. He is so adorable and all I want to do is just snuggle him and stare at his perfect little self. ❤️ He has a happy looking face and always looks like he has a slight smile going on. He also leaves his tongue sticking out a lot which is just too much cuteness. 😊

As for me, I’m recovering pretty well. The sore, cracked nipples were a doozy but Quayd is latching a bit deeper now, especially with the football hold and that helps. He’s not good with the nipple shield so we haven’t used that much. I’m really glad I bought the haakaa pump as it’s eliminated my need to pump separately throughout the day which is amazing. I have no soreness down below but I do have a headache. Oy!! We had to make a trip to the city yesterday to get more bloodwork for poor little Zane and then we had visitors here today. It’s been a bit hectic and my bleeding picked up a lot, so I’m going to try to just rest tomorrow as much as I can. The newborn phase is rough but I love this time with my sweet little baby ever so much and I’m trying my best to soak it in. ❤️ I’ve definitely been feeling the hormones this time though and have been so emotional, especially at night. Hopefully everything evens out soon.

Dear God, thank You so much for this amazing precious little boy. He’s so beautiful and we are so blessed to know and love him. Please help us as we recover and find our groove as a family of 6. Thank You dear Lord! In Jesus’ name, amen.